Tennis elbow also known as lateral epicondylitis is inflammation, soreness, or pain on the outside of the elbow and can extend down into the forearm. The condition is generally brought on by repetitive stress to the elbow joint, overuse, and also there may be a partial tear of the tendon fibers. The tendon fibers are what connect the muscle to the bone, so if there is inflammation here, then ultimately any movement of the joint will be painful. The tear may be at or near where these fibers begin, on the outside of the elbow.
Signs and Symptoms
- Elbow pain that continues to worsen
- Pain that travels from the outside of the elbow to the forearm and back side of the hand when attempting to grab something or twist the arm.
- Less grip strength
- Any repetitive or overuse activity
- Racquet sports
- Occupations that require repetitive motions such as painters, plumbers, cooks, and butchers.
- Desk/office work with poor ergonomic design or excessive mouse use.
At Alliance Wellness, we will help you manage pain associated with Tennis Elbow and increase your ranges of motions. Call 604-737-1177 to book your consultation.