Mother’s Against Drunk Driving is an organization aimed to put an end to impaired driving.MADD Canada works to achieve its mission on a number of fronts:
- Victim Services– Comprehensive program of support and resources for individuals who have lost a loved one or suffered a serious injury as a result of an impaired-driving crash.
- Youth Services– Specialized programming for elementary and high school students to educate them about the dangers of mixing alcohol and/or drugs with driving.
- Public Awareness and Education– Campaigns to reach out to the public about the dangers of impaired driving and how they can help improve safety on our roads, waterways and trails.
- Public Policy– Promotion of public policy and legislative measures, at both the federal and provincial/territorial levels, to address the impaired driving problem in Canada.
- Technology– Partnering with international traffic safety organizations, automobile manufacturers and technology companies to explore technological solutions to stop impaired driving.
MADD’s annual Strides for Change event is on June 9th, 2012 at Central Park in Burnaby, BC. To register please click here.
Bring your friends, family, and your co-workers to MADD Metro Vancouver’s 5km signature walk, Strides for Change! Enjoy live entertainment and bbq, kid’s zone, tribute and survivor area and much more both before and after the walk!
Every step taken and pledge made will help raise funds and awareness for MADD Metro Vancouver’s programs and services that will serve to keep our children and communities safer. There will be a timed 5km run and also a non-timed 1km family walk. The Strides for Change event is meant for everyone to enjoy and if you have never ran or walked 1 or 5 kilometers before, there couldn’t be a better time to try now! You can also enjoy strides for change from your wheelchair, roller blades, bicycle, unicycle or any other creative non motorized way you can think of!